Thursday, November 19, 2009

What Don't You Get???




I had a sleepless night...and throughout most of it...I filled God's time with questions that begged specific answers...yet none came. At the same time, He wasn't silent either.

I have a lot going on in my life right now. Compared to the prayer requests I lift up to God for others, my issues are miniscule and meaningless. But nevertheless, my issues challenge my faith. So, as I cried out to God...and discussed with Him my inner struggles, He answered...He didn't give me detailed answers to my questions...He answered me with a question...or should I say questionS...

Cherie, haven't I been faithful to you every time you have come to My throne of grace? Every time you have stepped forward in faith and trusted in Me, hasn't My power met you? Haven't I provided your every need? Haven't I healed your pain with My promises? Hasn't My love embraced you and filled you with joy and peace in the midst of your storms? Haven't you seen that when you are weak...I am strong? Haven't you realized that YOU can do nothing...but if you will focus on Me and trust in Me, I AM able to do ALL things. Do you still not understand that I will continue to be faithful to you? What don't you get???

My faith has taught me this...for all the questions we have for God, He has questions for us too. And, after my conversation with Him this morning...He's given me A LOT to think about. Maybe through my conversation He has given you a lot to think about too...

Praying always,

Cherie

8 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

I think I need to be quiet more and listen to his questions.

Teresa said...

Wow! Cherie that is so awesome! I sit her with a tissue on my desk as I type; hearing the beautiful, refreshing words of God. Thank you for sharing..Hallelujah! I love this song on your blog as well.
Live Life Abundantly in Christ..Teresa

Beth Herring said...

Oh, I just love this! I am always so thankful that God has been so patient with me as I tend to overlook His faithfulness in my life. When I look around, I am just astounded! Thanks for this great reminder to be still and listen. And know. And acknowledge the faithfulness of God.

Unknown said...

How good to be reminded of all these things! Our God is: faithful, trust-worthy, our provider, our healer, our all in all! Thank you for this beautiful post, Cherie!

Cherie Hill said...

Thank you dear sisters...praying for each one of you. God is faithful...let us pray one another forward in faith!
With love,
Cherie

Tamika: said...

Thanks Cherie!

This brings to mind the scripture in Nahum, as he eloquently describes the Lord's splendor.

Cindy Leigh said...

Wow...I am sitting here wondering how you got into my head! I have been there and done that, so to speak...I have questioned God over circumstances that seem insurmountable. Each time I have done this, somehow He patiently whispers and reminds me of all of the times before that He has quieted my storms or rode them out with me.

I have learned recently to meditate on these reminders when the clouds seem to roll in. I ponder how awesome He has been and praise Him. The clouds don't always disperse right away, but my praise is for His glory and I sense that He is pleased. I want to be more grateful...I think my new phrase for reminding myself of this will be "What don't you get?" =)~~

Barbara Frone said...

Wow, Cherie. As I'm reading through your posts, I feel like I am walking next to you in your walk with God. All the posts I've read so far I feel I could have written myself and it all started almost three years ago, after I picked up the Bible again and started reading it when God asked me, "Do you really believe what you are reading, because if you did, you would live differently." I've never been the same since. I now earnestly seek God everyday to get my manna for the day.

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |