Monday, February 9, 2009

God In A Box

Most often, when I find myself dealing with discouragement, I find that it's because I've put "God in a Box." I have to believe I'm not the only one that tries to "figure God out." Trust me, after extensive trials, you can't figure Him out. Whatever you think God can do, He'll do more. Whatever you're expecting God to do, He'll do the unexpected. The sure way to cast yourself into despair is to try and figure out how God will work and when He'll do it. God is full of surprises. Just think:

The Israelites saw no way across the Red Sea- God parted it. (that's pretty unexpected!)

God spoke to Moses in a Burning Bush. (I bet Moses was surprised!)

Radshack, Meshack, and Abendigo were thrown into a fiery furnace -God met them in it
(I'd guess even in their great faith they were'nt expecting God to meet them there!)

Jesus' Disciples found him walking on the water in the middle of the night.
(Hmmmmmm.....that's not a normal fishing trip!)

Jesus was sacrificed on the Cross- Not a likely place for a Savior.
(We still stand today amazed at the Victory we have through the Cross...we have eternal life through the death and resurrection.....that's an amazing plan!)

So, I'm not sure what you're going through in life that might be causing you to doubt God, but I can tell you this, "He is full of surprises- Don't put Him in a box." The joy of this life is not "knowing it all...or being able to predict God's ways.....it's learning to have the faith that trusts in His ways when everything that surrounds you contradicts the faith you cling to." If you put God in a box, you're limiting His ability to do miracles in your life because you're witholding your complete faith in Him. It is faith that moves mountains, not doubt. So, I encourage you....as I work on this one myself.....to daily awake with the reality that God does the IMPOSSIBLE.....take Him out of the box! Just simply seek after Him; make the DECISION to trust Him and just watch what God will do in your life......."far more than you can ever dare to hope for or imagine!" (And that's a Promise: Ephesians 3:20)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |