Sunday, October 25, 2009

When God Has a Plan...


It seems that everyone I talk to is having a hard time discerning God's will for their lives. The questions are endless....What is God doing in my life? How will He work out the situations? Is He even concerned with what's going on in my life? Has God abandoned me? If He hasn't, where is He in all of this?
Many I talk to, including myself (okay...truth be known...I talk to myself)...believe that God has a plan, but it is often difficult to see how He will make a way. The impossibilities seem overwhelming and endless. So, as I was emailing a friend last night...before I even knew what I had written....I looked before me and saw that I had typed these words: When God has a plan.......He makes a path. I thought to myself...WOW that's good! But, I also thought...WOW, God just spoke to my heart in a REALLY big way. He doesn't want us focusing on our feelings or emotions...or the impossibilities that overwhelm us...He only wants us focusing on Him. HE will MAKE a way...and HE will LEAD the way. God's plans usually don't happen in the way we want or in the timing we want.....but we can rest assured His plans are always best. Sometimes the only step we can see is the very next one in front of us; I'm convinced if that is the story of your life...then you are DEFINITELY walking with God...because that is exactly how He operates. He isn't growing us to become INDEPENDENT...but to become MORE DEPENDENT upon Him.
So, if you find yourself clinging to God....He's got you right where He wants you AND you're in the best possible place you could be. In the words of one of my favorite pastor, Charles Swindoll, "When focused on God Himself....we find How perfectly He works, how sovereignly He controls, and how remarkable He changes the face of things once He moves in. At the precise moment when it will have its greatest impact, God ceases His silence and sovereignly makes His move. And when He does, life is full of surprises!" If we're certain that God has a plan....if we have faith to believe that He has a plan for good....then we can rest assured He will light our path. We must have faith in God's faithfulness!

1 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Oh, such Truth spoken here.

What a beautiful reminder. God will make a way.

Reminds me of Isaiah 30:21 -- Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Blessings, sister. Nice to "meet" you... -smile-

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |