Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jolt Your Life!

Unless you've been living under a rock somewhere, you've noticed that the world is changing that is faster than most of us can comprehend. It can be overwhelming, to say the least. In fact, if we're not careful, the changes, especially in technology, can consume our lives like being sucked into a black hole. Before we know it, the very life we wanted is nothing but a figment of our imagination. Phil Cooke aims to keep that from happening. In "Jolt" you'll find incredible wisdom to embrace the change and use it to jolt your life with a positive and powerful way.

Phil Cooke points out that change will happen one way or another, it's up to each individual to learn to manage the change by managing their lives in such a way that the change does not consume you. The topics covered dive deep into your past decisions and enable you to reflect upon your life in a way that will help you make better decisions for the future. The author helps you to understand that it's all about the foundation of your life that makes the difference. Each chapter provides a pathway to dig deep into who you are, why you're here, and how you can embrace your future through "taking control of what is important," using the keys to strong decision making, breaking destructive patterns of behavior, getting more out of life by giving it away, overcoming fear and insecurity, and expanding your vision. My favorite section was "Jolt Your Future." This one section may very well transform your thinking AND your life.

I truly enjoyed Phil Cooke's writing style. I found myself plowing through page after page with very little effort and great interest. I also loved how he didn't stop short of expressing Christian principles in a subtle, yet powerful way. He lightly uses Scripture to support his message-He's not afraid to be honest about his faith . . . and I love that. I would mention that I think the book is truly geared toward the "working" person, but the book is also able to break through those boundaries. So, it would also be a helpful book on a personal level. I would definitely read more of Phil Cooke . . . I have a feeling he's got much more to say, and a lot more wisdom that we all need.


*I was provided this book for free in exchange for my unbiased review through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze Program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |