Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love Written In Stone

At some point, every Christian (new or mature) asks the question, "What does God want from me?" We seem to grab hold of God's grace only momentarily, then begin trying to earn God's love. The Christian life can be overwhelmed with legalism if we do not grasp the truth about God's love. Philip Carlson, MD tackles, once and for all, the love of God and His desires for you. He answers the question, "What does God want from me?" And sets you free to simply live the "Good Life" that He intended you to live.

I was amazed at Dr. Carlson's ability to write this book, on a challenging topic, in a way that the "average" person can understand. I found his writing heart felt and inspiring. The most powerful chapter for me was Chapter 1, "Diagnosing the Problem." The first chapter dives into the depths of the topic and addresses the root of the problem, instead of making excuses and dancing around it. Dr. Carlson gets you to look at the situation clearly and see sin for what it is. Once the REAL problem is addressed, a person can move forward in Truth, to live in the love of God. The message within the book moves to transform your life in the areas of health, mental well-being, rest, stewardship, love, commitment, and family. The power in this message is that God's love is freeing, not binding.

If you're looking to gain greater understanding of your relationship with God and what He expects of you, I would highly recommend this book. It's "Walking with God 101."

*I was provided this book for free by Bethany House in exchange for my unbiased review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |