Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Right From the Heart

Daily Devotionals rarely ever come close to the powerful writings of Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest," but "Right from the Heart" may just be the 21st century match up. I read countless daily devotionals from books, as well as online, and this one seems to have topped them all. I was amazed at the diverse topics that were discussed from such well known Scriptures. I was intrigued by knowledge and entertained by the humor within each day's devotional. Mostly, each writing caused me to look inwardly, to examine my faith, and be filled with conviction in order to strengthen my relationship with the Lord. Each day is loaded with the essentials to build your faith and walk firmly in it. By covering tough topics and vital issues of our faith walk, Bryant Wright has brilliantly written a devotional that will transform your heart into one that is completely committed to God.


If you were to buy one devotional this year . . . this is it. My opinion is you now only need TWO on your shelf: "Utmost for His Highest" and "Right From the Heart."

*I was given this book for free in exchange for my unbiased review through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze program

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like a must-read! Appreciate your review and love the fact that this publication wasn't just well written, but spurred you to action. Have a blessed week, my friend!

Unknown said...

Hey Cherie,

Thanks for your prayers and thanks for stopping by the blog to let me know you were praying! Love knowing that God put me on your heart!!!!

Hope you are doing well! I too love Utmost for His Highest! On those mornings when I am really sleepy, I do sometimes have to read and re-read...

What is going on with you? Any new ministry opps? Books?

I am actually starting school tomorrow - Masters of Education with a specialty in Women's Studies (at a local seminary). Excited about what God has and a little nervous.

Appreciate you!

Blessings,
Melanie

Karen said...

I am always blessed by Utmost for His Highest and also love Streams in the Desert...sounds like I need to check this one out!

Michelle said...

I've been receiving Right From the Heart devotionals in my email every morning for a few years. I agree -- they are wonderful! I used to listen to him (or his son) on the radio about 5 years ago when I first became a Christian.

Like Karen, I also read Streams in the Desert, and just recently started connecting with Utmost for His Highest on facebook.

Thank you for sharing this, Cherie.

Blessings,
Michelle

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |