Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just In Case You Ever Wonder (Book Review)


"Just in Case You Ever Wonder" is a typical, powerful message from Max Lucado. The book is geared toward the five to seven year old, in my opinion. The message focuses on the joy of the child's life that has been brought into the world by a loving and sovereign God. The words are sure to send a strong message of love and comfort as a parent or guardian reads to the child. Max Lucado puts into words what many parents are unable to convey to their children. The book expresses the joy the child has brought into the world and how special they are to God and others. The words assure them that God has placed them in their family and where they live for specific reasons. The book assures the child that the parent is there for them just as God is. It powerfully conveys that the parent is there to teach them about their Heavenly Father and to assist God in caring for them.

I wasn't particularly excited about the illustrations. I guess I expected a little more from a Lucado book. I'm not sure the illustrations will be particularly inviting to young children. The only other aspect of the book I wasn't fond of was the reference to "noises in the closet" and "monsters in the shadows." I never gave my children the slightest edge on these things. I certainly wouldn't read this to a child right before bed time. I just think this part could have been left out. Why not bring a more uplifting message to the child such as how God is always watching over them and protecting them . . . giving them peace to sleep at night???
I'm not sure this is a book I'd recommend .  . .  there are many other books out there for children that send a more consistent, uplifting message.

*I was provided this book for free in exchange for my unbiased review through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze Program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |