Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When God Whispers Your Name



You'll love this book. For many more reasons than I can even describe. Lucado writes in a flowing poetic way that captures your heart and fills you with strength and peace. He's a masterful storyteller inspired by THE STORYTELLER that is writing YOUR story and is whispering YOUR name! "When God Whispers Your Name," is filled with fairly short Chapters that are set out to get you to dig deeper in your faith, convict you, strengthen you, fill you with peace, and consume you with God's grace. Each chapter digs deep into different areas of your life. No part of your life will go unexplored as Lucado strives to show you the reality that God is whispering your name no matter who you are or what you've done. Lucado's candidness is heart warming as he help you to realize that he's no different that you or I. The fact that Max Lucado is such a humble person draws you in . . . and you can't help but hang on to his every word. One of Lucado's greatest gifts . . . is the ability to retell Biblical stories in a modern fashion and make it so real to you that you think he's telling YOUR story. He draws you in with littel effort and shows you God at work in your life.


Here are a few of my favorite lines from the book:

"God is looking for more ways to get us home, than ways to keep us out."

"I'm never surprised by God's judgment, but still stunned by His grace."

"We've been given only one piece of life's jigsaw puzzle. Only God has the cover of the box."



*I was provided this book for free in exchange for my unbiased review through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze Program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |