Thursday, June 20, 2013

Standing Still



STAND STILL my soul, for so thy Lord commands:
Even when the way seems blocked, leave it in His wise hands;
His arm is mighty to divide the wave.
Stand still, "my soul, stand still" and thou shalt see
How God can work the impossible for thee,
For with a great deliverance He doth save.

Be not impatient, but in stillness stand,
Even when compassed round on every hand,
In ways thy spirit does not comprehend.
God cannot clear thy way till thou art still,
That he may work in thee His blessed will,
And all thy heart and will to Him do bend.

Be still, my soul, for just as thou art still,
Can God reveal Himself to thee; until
Through thee His love and light and life can freely flow;
In stillness God can work through thee and reach
The souls around thee. He then through thee can teach
His lessons, and His power in weakness show.

Be Still a deeper step in faith and rest.
Be still and know thy Father knoweth best
The way to lead His child to that fair land,
A summer land, where quiet waters flow;
Where longing souls are satisfied and know their God
and praise for all that He has planned.

~Streams in the Desert, L. B. Cowman

3 comments:

Connie Arnold said...

That's beautiful, Cherie! Thank you for sharing it and blessings to you!

Exsullent said...

"Streams in the Desert" is all that got me through the last 8 years of waiting on God for the reconciliation of my marriage - which He promised to "Re-Raise" even the year before we divorced.

I am confident that our "resurrection" is just around the corner, now, finally. Would not have made it through this test without the body of Christ, that's for sure!

What a remarkable God we serve when we just learn to TRUST Him.

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. waiting and stillness is the hardest for me ,but I continue to have Faith

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |