Sunday, December 28, 2008

All For Nothing?

There was 4 inches of ice and about 5 inches of snow underneath and a path had to be dug from our driveway to our back yard so that wood could be delivered. On top of that, the patio had to be cleared so that the wood could be stacked. It was 30 degrees and windy...so it was a cold day. So, I got out and began digging......it was back breaking and exhausting, but I got it done. In a few hours the wood deliverer called and had to cancel and so they would not be delivering until a few days later. UGH! Then, the very next day it turned 55 degrees and rainy and melted every bit of snow that had been on the ground! UGH...again! I couldn't help but feel the aching in my body and think...."ALL FOR NOTHING!" But then it struck me....

There is never a time when I labor for the Lord and it is in vain. I can't point to anything I've done that the Lord has asked me to do that did not have a fantastic result for His Kingdom. For those who are carrying their cross, doing the will of God in their lives, you can rejoice that your labor is NOT in vain. Whatever God asks you to do, He asks you to do it for a reason and you must realize that it might be for reasons of which you will never understand.

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.
Let nothing move you.
Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord,
because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:8

At the time, I couldn't see how anything beneficial would come from me digging through all that ice and snow......I looked at it as a real kick in the teeth. But, now I can get out and take my Christmas lights down in warmer temperatures (not BELOW ZERO temps) not having to deal with all the ice and snow....now that's a GREAT blessing! And, even as I write this, I see a little squirrel outside digging up some food he'd buried for the winter....only two days ago I saw him out there walking across about 9 inches of ice and snow, unable to find food. God knows what we need. We have our plans, but He has a master plan which overides any that we might design. We can thank Him that whatever He asks us to do.... it is NEVER FOR NOTHING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |