Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just a Reminder....


It's pretty obvious as you look around you, that people are carrying pretty heavy burdens these days. Most of us don't even have to go very far to find the weight of the world on someone's shoulders, we can simply look in the mirror. But, as I receive endless emails through ScriptureNow.com, I'm wondering where is Jesus? See, here's the thing, most of the people I talk with are Christians, yet Jesus is no where to be found. People are crying out to God for help, but they continue to hold on to control of their lives. They wear themselves out trying to micromanage God and somehow conjure up enough faith to fulfill their hopes, dreams, and desires for their lives. (We have the "Word Faith" false preachers to thank for that tragedy) We've forgotten one simply command by Jesus- Matthew 11:28-30!!!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


You see, if you find the weight of your circumstances are too heavy to bear, you may be carrying your own burden, not His. You're supposed to be carrying HIS burden....He says it's "light." All too often we're able to say it, "I'm giving it to God," but seldom do we actually "do it." And don't be deceived. Usually, when you give a burden to God, it doesn't happen in one single moment. I've found myself having to bring it before the Lord many times before I actually released it. It's because our flesh yearns for control. And our flesh has a friend...the devil. Trust me, don't have a cup of coffee and conversation with the devil. He'll ask you a million questions regarding your burden: "What are you going to do? What happens if....? Maybe you could do this.... God doesn't seem to be doing anything." Don't listen to the lies. Keep bringing it all before the Cross. God says, when you give to Him, there's something that happens.....you find "REST for your soul." Don't stop surrendering your burdens until you enter into that rest.

Whatever it is you're dealing with today...don't let the enemy convince you that you should carry your own weight. Call upon Jesus, He'll carry it for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |