Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What Are You Standing On?

Do you ever wonder if God REALLY knows what He's doing? Do you ever question His ways? If you do, you're not alone. You're just like every amazing person that God has used for His purposes. Even Jesus asked if there was "another way"...He wanted His cup to pass. It's difficult at best, to completely trust God.

As I stood looking out the second story of my home, as I sometimes do, (as if to get closer to God and to somehow see further into His plans for me) I contemplated about "tommorow." (I should know better...I know full well, today has enough troubles of its own! Matt. 6:34) I spent quiet time with God, asking many questions that far outweighed any answers. And then I stood in silence. I waited...wondering if God would answer. And He did. I suddenly became incredibly aware of something...my feet! Not truly understanding why I suddenly was aware of "my feet"...I heard God's quiet voice say, "What ground are you standing on?" And that was His answer...A QUESTION! (God does that to me ALOT!) And there was my answer...about "tommorow":

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."
(Matthew 7:24-27)

I have never been more aware of my feet. And no, I'm not crazy. God chose this simple time together to give me a powerful message that will last a lifetime...I'm hoping it will be a message that you too will remember. When the ground beneath you begins to shift, when uncertainty and doubt flood your mind...remember:
The rain WILL come down,
the streams WILL rise,
and the winds WILL blow,
but you're standing on the Rock!

When you're overwhelmed with life...look down at your feet...assess what you're standing on...then look up to your God who is holding on to you! If you're trusting in Him, you're standing on solid ground!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |