Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God's Promises for Women of Faith

God's Promises for Women of Faith is a "snazzy" little book! I loved the cover and it would make a great gift book. The Promises within are listed by topics which pertain to women. The author did a wonderful job of listing topics that really speak to the heart of a woman who is diligently seeking God. It's a book of promises that truly provides a woman with her "daily bread."


One disappointment I had with this book was that the translation for the Scriptures were the New King James Version. I guess I would have rather seen the New International Version or New Living Translation. The other disappointment was that I felt there were more powerful verses that could have been listed under several topics. So, I felt that at times, many wonderful Scriptures were left out.

Overall, I liked the book . . . it's unfortunately just not one that I'm going to recommend as a favorite of mine . . . especially for the price.

*I was provided this book free of charge through the Thomas Nelson Booksneeze program in exchange for my review.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cherie.. I could use a little prayer from a book girly like yourself..
I lead a womans bible study and the book we just finished was just so put in our hands by God.. It was my first time leading a group, and I was lead by God to do one on marriage..And so he gave me Secrets transforming your life and marriage by Kari Clausen and Gary Smalley, and it has been such a blessing to me and lots of other woman...but now the book is almost done ,, and I am not feeling that strong leading on another book.. i still feel lead to lead a wbs, but dont know what study to use..And since Im new at this,, i dont want anything toooooo hard with lots of homework for me or these woman..
So girlfriend.. if you will pray for me to be guided to the right study.. I would truly appreciate it..
Thanks.. love ya bunches..

ceemee said...

The cover is super cute! Love it!

I love your blog design, BTW!

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |