Thursday, February 24, 2011

Broken


As your life unravels, and failures
bring unthinkable consequences,
know that everything I allow in your life
is for your good.
If you will respond to your
trials and tribulations
as if you were confident that I am in them,
you will find that I am with you always.

If you will accept your pain
and suffering as coming from My hand,
you will find My grace
which is more than sufficient for you.
Come into my presence, and just sit with Me.
I will restore you.
Be still and know that I am God.

Though the flood waters are rising
and the walls of affliction are towering over you,
I am the God who parts the Red Sea
and keeps hungry lions at bay.
Although you may have gotten
out of step with My will,
My discipline, My rod and my staff,
will not only redirect you and
 get you back on the right path,
but they will comfort you.

I will hold you in your brokenness.
There is nothing to fear . . .
I am here.
I love you with an unfailing love.
Come to Me, worship Me, trust Me,
even through your tears.


**********
“'You disciplined me severely,
like a calf that needs training for the yoke.
Turn me again to you and restore me,
for you alone are the LORD my God.’”
Jeremiah 31:18 (NLT)
**********

from "The Heart of God" Devotional Book by Cherie Hill
to be published 2012




2 comments:

alicia said...

Beatiful, Cherie! I need this.. Like on my wall and mirror and in my car, I need this! ;)
Blessings!
Alicia

ceemee said...

Beautiful promises from God.

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |