Monday, March 14, 2011

What's YOUR Answer?

I've found, all too often, that God has many more questions for me than I do for Him. It always amazes me. He also amazes me when He answers my question WITH a question! But, I resolve to the fact that He's God . . . He can do that. : ) After finishing Daniel Henderson's "Transforming Prayer," I have been constantly thinking about one question that was quoted in the book . . . asked by John W. Bryson:


" If Jesus answered all 
of your prayers from 
the last thirty days, 
would anything change 
in THE world,
or just YOUR world?"


Quite a question, huh? So, I thought I'd pass that question along . . . it stopped me in my faith walk and since you are all on the journey with me, I figured it would be something for you to ponder as well. If that were not enough, I wanted to share one final quote from James Walker:

"" We spend more prayer 
energy trying to keep sick 
Christians out of heaven 
than trying to keep lost 
people out of hell."

So glad you're all on the journey of faith with me! 
It helps to encourage each other along the way! 
"As iron sharpens iron, 
so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17)

3 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

First of all, I want to thank you for stopping by Heart Choices today. I loved your quote from "Be Still" and was so glad that many participated.

I read a bit about this book and had the pleasure of hearing Daniel Henderson speak once. You gave me something to think about though. If God answered my prayers, some would just impact my world. However, my most fervent prayer is for the salvation of my loved ones. And I would hope that they would impact others for Christ so it would move out of my sphere. :)

That second quote is one I'm writing down. I think of all the prayer meetings I've attended. I also know many prayer requests from other bloggers concerns the health of loved ones. Interesting thought!

Hugs to you,
Debbie

ceemee said...

The question and the quote made me think. Most of the time our prayers are for selfish reasons. Thank you for this!

Just Be Real said...

Great post. Thoughts to ponder. Yeah, probably God does have more questions for us than we Him. One in particular, "why don't you just trust me?" Blessings.

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |