Monday, August 15, 2011

Stained Glass Hearts

"Stained Glass Hearts" reveals the beauty that can be found through faith in God in the in the ugliest of times. Patsy Clairmont is a Women of Faith Speaker who has truly experienced her own brokenness and strives to help you to find light in your own darkness.

The message strives to bring you in touch with music, art, poetry, and nature, in order to help you see the wonders of God, even through your deepest valleys. Patsy's goal is to help you see life from a broken perspective.

I was truly anxious to read this book, and although at times it was hard to put down, I just didn't get much from it . . . unfortunately. Too often the message went off topic and I felt like I was riding a merry go round . . . getting dizzy from jumping from one thought to the next. Stories from the authors life were shared to drive home a point, however some were relevant and others just weren't. For those who are truly in a broken place right now, I just don't feel that this is the book that will lift you from it. I was looking for power and encouragement and I didn't find it. The book is like stained glass pieces that still need to be put together in an organized manner. It seemed that more time and effort could have been spent on putting it together.

*I was provided this book free in exchange for my unbiased review through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze Program

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in the middle of reading this and wondered if it was just me who felt dizzy while reading it. Sometimes I'm connecting with her story and sometimes I'm thinking huh?

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |