Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Year with Jesus

This book was everything I expected and more. There is nothing more precious and valuable to all mankind than the words and life/resurrection of Jesus. In a unique devotional style, R. P. Nettelhorst, brings Jesus' words into your everyday life. Each day begins with an excerpt of Scripture taken from various translations and is accompanied by a half page commentary to not only help you to see the importance of the words He spoke, but how they are powerfully relevant to your life today.

I love how the book is broken into section topics. Those topics include Love and Hate, Truths and Lies, Arrogance and Humility, Friends and Enemies, Belief and Disbelief, Patience and Impatience, Deserved and Undeserved, Good and Evil, Fidelity and Treachery, and Life and Death. The author is a fantastic, down to earth, writer. You'll think you're sitting down with a  friend who knows Jesus and wants you to know Him too.

One of my favorite lines from this book, "Life is how we learn to trust God."

I have to note that I am continually surprised by the occasional typos, grammatical errors, etc. (even being a few) that I continue to see in Thomas Nelson books. For books like this one, it really doesn't matter . . . the book is simply too great for it to make a difference. But, I guess I expect a little more from a top publisher.

*I was provided this book for free through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze Program in exchange for my unbiased review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |