Saturday, November 22, 2008
If you're looking for an amazing devotional that will deepen your faith, you need to look no further. "Great Days With the Great Lives" by Charles Swindoll is probably the most amazing devotional I've ever read. Pastor Swindoll has a unique style of communicating the Word of God in such a way that you believe he must being speaking directly to you and the situations in your life. His writing is personal and powerful; the lessons he teaches are critical to your faith and vital to your Victory.

The unique aspect of this devotional is that it truly connects you with the heroes/heroines and common everyday people, like you and me, in the Bible. Nothing I've ever read (and I read ALOT) has gotten me to dig deeper into the lives of God's people in the Old and New Testement in such an impacting way. What I found is that they were no different than me in my walk of faith and many of the same struggles I face are troubles they faced as well. Although I knew this to be true before I read this book, it became very real and pertinent to me like never before. Pastor Swindoll communicated the depths of these people's struggles, the ways of God in their lives, and He brought enlightment to my own situations in life. If you're looking for something to pick up each day and really have God speak to you within a short period of time, this is the book for you. You'll find yourself copying the pages and carrying them with you throughout your day; you'll find God speaking so directly to you that you will not be able to stop reading the devotional over and over. Your spirit will continually crave the words you read because they are from God and they are for you! I couldn't give this book a higher recommendation than to say two words, "BUY IT!"
Review by Cherie Hill (Thomas Nelson Book Reviewer)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |