Friday, November 21, 2008

Let Go and Let God

Time after time, I find God speaking to me through the ordinary things in life...maybe it's because I make it a habit of looking for Him. Today was no exception. My 9 year old son, who loves building things, found himself frustrated over a Lego piece that he just could not put together. I told him to PLEASE not get frustrated,... but just bring it to me, if he needed help. He sat, and remained frustrated...then He called out to me, "Don't you want to help me?" I replied, "Yes, I do, I told you to bring it to me." "Oh," was his reply. When he brought it to me, I snapped it together and He was stunned and amazed at how quickly I was able to resolve his issue! Before I knew it, not one second had passed and he had run to bring me another piece, and then another. He continued his building in delight, and I think he learned to just come to me for help, over anything, no matter how important or unimportant he might think it is to me.

Now, is it just me, or do you hear God speaking here. We cry out, "God, Don't you want to help me?" "Bring it to Me," He says. What is it in your life that you are struggling with? He wants you to bring it to Him. Why do we fail to hear Him the first time? WHATEVER it is, we must bring it to an awesome God who loves us and has supernatural power to "fix things." Once you see His awesome power work in your life, you'll find yourself running to Him over and over as fast as you can....and as a little child, saying, "Can you help me, can you fix this?" Didn't Jesus say unless we come to Him as little children we will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven? He was speaking literally here. WE are God's children and our help should ALWAYS come from Him, our Heavenly Father.

I look up to the mountains- does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and the earth!
Psalm 121: 1-2


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |