Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Butterfly Effect

Andy Andrews is known best for his inspirational speaking and writing and the "Butterfly Effect" fits perfectly into his portfolio. The essence of the "Butterfly Effect" is nothing "new," it is a hypothesis presented to the New York Academy of Science by Edward Lorenz. When the "effect" is applied to our lives, we can understand the "Law of Sensitive Dependence Upon Initial Conditions." As the book continues after the introduction of this law, a Civil War story is told throughout the pages that hinges on one man's actions. It's a wonderful story of courage, love, and sacrifice for the sake of others. It's truly a story of one man making a difference and changing the course of history. The point is, throughout the book, you could be that person. You could cause the butterfly effect.

I liked the book. It didn't change my outlook on life or the way I live my life. So for me, it was just okay. It's a great gift book for a graduate or maybe someone who has impacted your life greatly. It's a "gift" book in my opinion. I would not have "bought" the book if I would have picked it up off the shelf. It can be read in fifteen minutes and for the price. . . well, I just don't have that kind of money to spend on a book that could have been written up as an article. I look for books that dramatically impact a person's mind, thought process, heart, and soul in a way that will move them towards God . . . and I don't believe this book does that. That's "my" review.


*I was provided this book for free in exchange for my review through the Thomas Nelson Booksneeze program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |