Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Boy Who Changed the World

To add to Andy Andrews' portfolio of "inspirational" topics, "The Boy Who Changed the World," steps into the life of a child in order to illustrate the importance of our actions. "Everything we do and say matters" is the essence of the book.

 "The Boy Who Changed the World", is a children's book that tells the story of a young boy named Norman Borlaug who saves teh lives of two billion people. As the story continues, you find that it might not have been Norman Borlaug who saved all of those people, but that it could have been any number of the the people with whom Norman interacted with and whos lives he touched over the years.


It's a good story, just lacking a "Christian" foundation. The book strikes me as putting to much emphasis on the individual, self-centeredness, and a lack of belief that it is God who accomplishes HIS greater purposes through us. I simply would not recommend this book in order to "raise a child up in the way he should go." It's not about bringing ourselves glory . . . it's about a life of surrender that brings God glory! That's what you want your children to learn . . . Biblically sound principles. This book fails to do provide that.

*I was provided this book for free in exchange for my review through the Thomas Nelson Booksneeze program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |