Thursday, December 29, 2011

Daily Gifts of Grace



"Daily Gifts of Grace" is a devotional written by a dynamic group of women from the "Women of Faith" organization. The writers include: Joni Eareckson Tada, Lisa Whelchel, Jenna Lucado, Sheila Walsh, Kim Cash Tate, Patsy Clairmont, Natalie Grant, Lisa Harper. With all but a few, these women write passionately, sincerely, and openly about their faith walks. Truly, a couple of these writers should have been left out because they "taint" the beauty of the others. Each devotional starts out with a Scripture and then a VERY BRIEF devotional. Unfortunately, none of the devotionals add any insight or deeply profound lessons to a woman's faithwalk. The devotionals speak somewhat to women's daily issues, i.e. attitudes, thought patterns, needs/wants/desires, etc., but they truly don't add anything eternal. I wasn't left digging deeper in my faith or pondering on the things of God after each reading.

Sometimes I think that it is assumed that a book will sell because of the "name/names" on a book or the organization behind it. I agree with another reviewer who is tight on money . . . we need to spend our money on the best of the best of books out there. This one just isn't a devotional I can recommend with that in mind. The devotionals spoke to much on the "superficial" side of things, instead of focusing upon the things that really matter to God.


*I was provided this book for free in exchange for my unbiased review through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze Program.http://www.amazon.com/Daily-Gifts-Grace-Devotions-Each/dp/1400203643/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

1 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Awesome. I saw them two years ago. WofF that is. Blessings to you Cherie and happy new year.

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |