Friday, August 17, 2012

DAYDREAMS! FREE TODAY!


for KINDLE 2 Days ONLY!

Trust me, you've never read a testimony like the one of Daniel Parkins in DAYDREAMS. This could be one of the most powerful examples of faith, since Job, that I have ever read. It's an understatement to say that my faith has been radically changed by it. I had the great privilege of reviewing this book that was previously published in 2006 and then I have had the GREAT joy of being able to republish (with additional chapters) the book through my publishing services, WRITESOURCE Publishing Services. Below is the synopsis and my review. ; ) Go download it! And spread the word! It's FREE today and tomorrow! ( Aug.17&18)



It’s in our pain and suffering, 
when we find our faith being stretched beyond its limits, 
that we wake up to the reality that God is calling us to live out our faith
 with a transcendent goal of displaying His glory in and through our lives.


In the most trying times in life, we can find our loving God filling us with hope for the moments when hope seems gone, pouring down His grace upon us in times when we least deserve it, and consuming us with His joy, even when life is falling apart at the seams. It’s His amazing love that grips us . . . when we no longer have the strength to hold on. In DAYDREAMS, Daniel Parkins gives a raw testimony of God's sovereignty through intense times of pain and suffering. He is powerfully transparent as He portrays his emotional, physical, and spiritual strain and in order to give the reader unique insight into the life and mind of one who has experienced utter agony beyond his control. His message is conveyed though multiple medical diseases, family tragedy, parental divorce, and the deep feelings of being alone and angry. In DAYDREAMS, Daniel Parkins challenges us to no longer be content with the walking nightmares we are often in, but to wake up and experience the joy and freedom it is to trust in our awesome God.



MY REVIEW:
I've read a lot of testimonies of God's work in the lives of His people, I have my own, but I've never read such a powerful testimony as this. In fact, if you'd like to read a modern day version of the Biblical book of Job, this is it. Better yet, you'll find even greater faith in this man's life ... and I don't make that statement lightly.

Daniel Parkins has endured more in life than I believe any loving God should allow a person to. But as I read through the author's sufferings, I realized something . . . I saw God's purpose in it all . . . God's glory is displayed through this man's life probably more than anyone I've ever known. It's easy to praise God when you're "feeling" blessed, but what about when all you "feel" is excruciating pain and suffering that can't be expressed in words. I'm not sure I could hold onto my faith as Daniel Parkins has. But after reading his testimony in "DayDreams," his faith has transformed mine in greater ways than I can even say.

This is not a book for those who'd like to have God "sugar coated." This book is raw and real, just like God. Through it, you'll find yourself examining your own faith in more ways than you'll be able to count. You'll find yourself crying out, at the throne of God, "Lord, I do believe, help my unbelief."

I am astounded at the author's faith through more pain and suffering than I can even imagine. Yet, I find his pain has eternal gain. The power and glory of God cannot be denied in this man's life. I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen God's glory shine brighter than through the testimony of Daniel Parkins. You haven't seen God's glory until you've read this testimony. Truly, this is a must read for anyone who says that they have faith in God.






2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Thank you for sharing your review of this book. I immediately went on amazon and got it. It helps me to see how others endure trials and still cling to their faith through it all. I look forward to reading it.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this Cherie!! I can't wait to read it as I'm still struggling with the effects of our trial. Hope all is well with you dear sister :)

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |