Monday, December 8, 2008

Make Me a Fork


I'm sure you're probably wondering what in the world this post is about!?! Well, I promise you if you'll read on....you'll more than likely deepen your faith and grow closer to God. My guess is.....you'll begin praying the same new prayer that I have begun praying.....
"Lord, make me a fork."

I don't know how many people know of Jim Elliot. His legacy is a Christian missionary and a martyr. (1927-1956) He was filled with the Holy Spirit to reach uncivilized parts of the world with the message of Christ. He devoted his life to it, and he died because of it. As I learned of his life and death, I was awe striken with his passion for the Lord and his willingness to do whatever it took to fulfill God's will. I am amazed at people who have such faith and my prayer is that I would aspire more each day to have that same time of commitment to the Lord...in living and in dying. (John 12:24, 1 Corinthians 15:35-36, Galatians 2:20)

I wanted to share this because there are so very few Christians who will stand in faith and I pray that we should all have a revival of the Spirit to live lives that are worthy of the Lord. Jim Elliot said this,

"Father, make of me a crisis man.
Bring those I contact to decision.
Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
MAKE ME A FORK,
that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me."

I have begun praying that prayer everyday now. Our lives must reflect Christ in such a way that when people come our way they will either embrace Christ, or reject Him. I don't want my life to be just another milepost, I want to make a difference for the Kingdom. I pray that God will prune every area of my life that does not bear fruit and that He will continue to fulfill His good and perfect will in my life, regardless of what I must go through to accomplish it. I pray that you will meditate over what this statement means and begin praying this same prayer.
So, do you want to be a fork too?"


Other quotes from Jim Elliot:

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."

"God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life and may I burn for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one, like you, Lord Jesus."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |