Friday, January 30, 2009

A Book for Every Child


I raised my two children on “Goodnight Moon,” so seeing the new book by Margaret Wise Brown, “The Moon Shines Down,” brought warm memories to my heart. I absolutely LOVED this book. I love the fantastic story at how this manuscript, fifty-six years after the death of Margaret Wise Brown, “lay forgotten in a cedar trunk in a Vermont barn…..the onionskin paper had yellowed and the paperclips that held the pages together had rusted.” That is a story in itself.

The thing I loved most about this book even more than “Goodnight Moon,” were the illustrations that will capture the hearts and minds of every child. The brilliant color and detail will give you a chance to spend hours with a child discovering all of the creative wonders on each page. The message is beautiful. No child will ever look at the moon the same. It really expands on the age-old song, “Jesus loves the little children….all the children of the world.” Children around the world will find comfort and peace as they read through each page, understanding that just as the moon looks down upon them, so does God, and He loves each and every one of them- no matter who they are or where they are in the world. If you’re looking for a wonderful book to give a child, let this one be it-it’s sure to be a classic….if it isn’t already!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |