Saturday, January 10, 2009

Second Guessing God

As I was praying last night, I realized that I'm second guessing God WAY too often. I'm hoping someone will be honest and admit they do too, so I don't feel so all alone on this. : ) The funny thing is, I have absolutely NO reason to second guess Him! If I look back on my life- specifically the last four years-He has done FAR above and beyond anything I could have asked for or imagined. But, the enemy prowls around like a roaring lion.....looking for someone to devour....he never ceases.

So, I've found myself asking God if I'm really in His will?...am I following the path He's designed for me? Maybe I missed something? Maybe I didn't hear Him right? Maybe I got the wrong directions and I'm lost. I imagine that Noah must have had some of these same questions running through His mind- First of all..... it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark- it took him a hundred years to build it! A HUNDRED years of no signs of rain....and continuing to trust God- now that's faith! There are many reasons to give up and many reasons to doubt, but then there's the Cross. And I am instantly humbled as I realize that I must walk forward in faith....obedient and trusting.....when I don't have all the answers and when I can't make sense of anything, but the very next step in front of me.

No one can say God doesn't have a sense of humor...He has made me laugh out loud on many occassions......as we second guess God...He constantly keeps us guessing! It is His way of drawing us nearer...increasing our faith....and preparing us for greater things that He has planned.

"God's call on all of us is to be a light to those who are in darkness, but sometimes He has to take us through our own darkness so we will learn to depend totally on His light."
-Stormie Omartian "Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On"
(If you haven't read this book I would HIGHLY suggest that you do!!!)

At times, I feel that I'm totally in the dark about what God is doing in my life, He only provides what I need for the moment. And I'm certain His grace is sufficient. So, I'm going to focus more on trusting Him completely, even when I am tempted to say, "God, I don't know if You're aware of this...or maybe You should consider that....Are You sure that this is the best way?.....I think maybe You're timing is a little off..." There's just no such thing as God being "almost Sovereign," so I'm going to keep walking by faith....regardless of what I see, think, or feel.
I'll be praying that you seek Him in your own life.....and do the same.

As I closed quietly in prayer, and God had spoken to my heart about my "second guessing," I was humbled and filled with hope as I heard the voice of God saying, "Trust Me."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |