Friday, September 24, 2010

Flight to Heaven

The title captivated me. "Flight to Heaven." You rarely hear of people surviving plane crashes. Especially a plane crash as devastating as the one Capt. Dale Black survived. Even after reading the book, I am still in awe at how he could have possibly survived. Yet, in reading the book, you find that the author was held by God and delivered to write a story for God's glory!


The book is wonderfully written. The story is remarkable. As a young man, Dale Black experienced what most of us cannot imagine . . . a glimpse of heaven. Most of the book is spent speaking of  "before and after" the accident. The recovery stories are absolutely astounding and most of the details will amaze you. The detailed account of Dale Black's visit to heaven is somewhat short . . . as is most books that speak of individuals' visits to heaven. I did find that Capt. Black's account is very similar to others' experiences and they are always encouraging to read. This story truly is a miracle. There is simply no other explanation. It's a story worth reading to encourage your faith.

*I was provided this book by Bethany House in exchange for my non-biased review.

2 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there Cherie, Thank you for this book review; I haven't read it but due to not loving flying I may pass on it. I read 90 Min. in Heaven and it was another testimony of before and after-such a good read. Have a blessed weekend dear one.
Hugs, Noreen

Unknown said...

I read the book 90 Minutes in Heaven.. and I was encouraged and excited about what one day I will see and what my parents are living in now..
I will check that book out..thanks for the review

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |