Friday, September 23, 2011

Gabby God's Little Angel (Book Review


"Gabby God's Little Angel" is a wonderful bedtime story or anytime story. The angels are adorable and their personalities are delightful. The message is perfect for little girls between the ages of 2 and 5. The message conveyed is that God has given us angels to protect and watch over us. Based on Scripture, the book captures the life of an angel and how they work in unseen ways.

I believe a little more could have been done with the story line. It's not a book that I think your little one will say, "Read it again, read it again." But, it is a good one time read and a great book that would provoke discussion about how God works in unseen ways to protect us and watch over us because He loves us. The only problem I see with the story is that quite possibly if a child is injured, or going through difficult times, they may begin asking questions like, "Does God NOT love me . . . did He not give me an angel?" Although it's a sweet story, it just seems to send a message that nothing bad will happen  to you because God has his angels watching over you . . . and we all know that is not reality. Bad things will happen. And children need to know that it is not because God doesn't love them or He didn't "give" them an angel.

*I was provided this book for free in exchange for my unbiased review through the Thomas Nelson BookSneeze Program

1 comments:

Unknown said...

as usual Im a bit late.. my grand daughter was just here visiting, and I could of used that book,,but thats ok..we had lots of fun anyway,,swing by and check it out.. you will be surprised to see how big she has gotten.. thanks for the book review though. I will head out to get that one, for the next visit..
love ya sister friend.. hugs and kisses

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |