Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting On God - NEW EBOOK! (Bonus Feature!)


You won't want to miss my NEW Kindle ebook for only $.99 on Amazon. At the end of the book is a Bonus Feature allowing you to read the 1st Chapters of "Be Still: Let Jesus Calm Your Storms" for $2.99 (A KINDLE BESTSELLER!) and "Beginning at The End: Finding God When Your World Falls Apart" for $3.99 (NOW IN THE TOP 50!) FREE!
Here's the intro to "Waiting on God":




At any given point in time, you’ll find yourself waiting on “something.” You might be waiting on something very small, or you could be waiting on something that will change the course of your life. Either way, the “waiting place” is the hardest place. Dr. Seuss described our feelings about the “waiting place” best:

You can get so confused
that you’ll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place . . .
(Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!)

But, what we find is that Dr. Seuss had it wrong. And so do we. We perceive our “waiting” place to be a place where time is wasted . . . useless. We assume that nothing is happening, and we question whether God’s Word is true when it says that He “never slumbers or sleeps.” (Psalm 121:4) It appears that in our own lives, as our lives spiral recklessly out of control, He’s fallen asleep at the wheel. Waiting places tempt us to believe that either God isn’t there or He simply doesn’t care.

We find ourselves easily consumed with despair and hopelessness in our waiting places. Uncertainty and lack of control can get the best of us. We tend to view the “waiting place” as Dr. Seuss did . . . as a “confusing, fearful, and useless place.” But it is not . . . unless we’re not walking with God. If we’re trusting in God, we can be certain that there is no such thing as Him being “almost” sovereign. If we say we have “faith,” then we must live like we do. And the “waiting place” is precisely the “place” God uses to examine our faith and see if it is genuine. The “waiting place” is where He purifies us, allowing the impurities of our spirit to come to the surface. The “waiting place” is part of the process. And we can trust that God will not allow us to remain in the “waiting place” one moment longer than it takes to accomplish His purposes for them. He wouldn’t have you waiting if there weren’t something to wait for. He wouldn’t refine you if He didn’t know He’d find gold. But it’s when He’s holding us to the fire, when the pain and suffering is more than we can bear, our heart cries out with questions that beg answers.

 It’s in our most desperate, darkest hour that we cry out countless questions to God:

“Why are you allowing this?”
“What is the purpose in this?”
“Are you there?”
“Do you care?”

But, you see, for all the questions we have for God, He has questions for us too . . . and as our heart pours out tears to heaven, the answers from God sometimes come in the form of a question . . . “Where is your faith?”  (Luke 8:28)



6 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Cherie, This is the very BEST read! It was so timely for me and I loved every page and wanted more when I got to the end.

I found myself asking all of these questions posed. Each word of "WAITING ON GOD" seemed to speak to me in a very personal way. I sensed my faith being built as I read and was encouraged to wait patiently. I'm so thankful that God waits for me patiently!

I'm also enjoying both of your other two books: Be Still and Beginning at the End. Almost done with the first and just getting into the one I probably need the most. I love the way you speak through the pages to right where I am. Some times the Scriptures become more alive. I love the way you encourage us through God's Word and yours. I hope you continue to write, I am very blessed by your writing.

I so agree that the waiting place is the hardest place to be. May I be found genuine and my faith increased. The price of both of these books is such a steal and more than worth the purchase and gifting to someone else (especially if they are in a place where they need to hear God speak and encourage them)!

Thanks Cherie! Your gift of writing and the bargain price makes these a MUST for everyone and I highly recommend all of them! My favorite so far is Waiting on God...

Peggy

Angela said...

sigh................oh I loved this.....As I journaled the other day I felt the Lord speak to my heart:
"will you let them see Me in you, through you and your family.?"
"will you let Me have control?"
"will you let me love you?"
"will you let Me care for you?"
"do you want to be healthy?"

As Jesus spoke to Peter three times asking him, do you love Me? I felt the Lord speak to me over and over..'do you trust Me, do you trust Me, do you trust Me?...than show Me!

Love ya girl and thank you so much for speaking such blessed words over my spirit this Fearless Friday.

Cherie Hill said...

Peggy . . . you're the best!

Angela, I am reminded of the father who pleaded with Jesus, "Lord, I do believe . . . help my unbelief!" Praying He will strengthen your spirit in every way!
Blessings!
Cherie

Unknown said...

Your writing is an inspiration, Cherie! I downloaded Be Still, to my Kindle and am thoroughly enjoying it. The Lord has given you a wonderful ministry and it's clear to see that you're carrying it out! God bless you as you continue to follow the path He's laid out for you!

Anonymous said...

Cherie, Congratulations on the new eBook being published. What a wonderful book. We've all been in a place of waiting.... and learning to wait on the Lord is the only way.

Cherie Hill said...

Thank you Kim!

So glad to hear from you Maria! AND I am so glad you are enjoying Be Still! It is such a joy to have women like you (after God's own heart) encouraging me!!!!
Blessings and hugs!
Cherie

Post a Comment

I am so blessed that you would take the time to share your thoughts with me! You encourage my faith and I pray that God will fill you to the full with His love, mercy,and grace! With joy, Cherie

| Top ↑ |